Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Special Screening of Tron: Legacy



The Grid; a digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer, what do they look like? Ships, motorcycles, were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I’d thought I’d never see and then, one day, I got in . . .


I was one of the lucky few, due to working for the Symantec group I was given the opportunity to see a movie three days before general release.


This was a movie I had been waiting to arrive, for what feels like most of my life!


When I was informed that this was happening my office was all a bustle with talk of who was going, what they were most looking forward to most and if people had even seen the original! (What? Come on!!) Man I was so excited, but hey this was work I had to contain myself right?


We were provided with a coach ride to and from the cinema, which was nice for those of us who do not drive.


When we arrived into the screen we were provided with sealed bags of free popcorn and a bottle of water each, some people complained afterwards that this was a bit basic or there wasn't a choice between salt or sweet. I for one did not as I don't tend to buy popcorn when I go to the movies anymore, (feels like I'm throwing money away its so expensive) so to have some was a nice change. Also I always buy water when I do go (great for hydration, not so good for bladder breaks!), so I was fine with this.


After watching the movie, and finally getting home I embarked on my review for the Proud Lion blog site.  I was finally finished at 1:05am GMT and I had to be up for work again at 6:40am! oh well I feel it was worth it - and even though I have been slighty more critical than usual, I did still enjoy the movie.


Please see my full review of the actual movie here - http://proudlioncomics.blogspot.com/2010/12/watcher-tron-legacy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment